[Python-Dev] PYC Magic

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
02 Jun 2002 15:45:13 +0100

"Gordon McMillan" <gmcm@hypernet.com> writes:

> On 1 Jun 2002 at 10:15, Neal Norwitz wrote:
>
> > Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> > > What do you mean by "can't be written to disk"?
>
> > Disk full was one condition.
>
> I can't be 100% sure of the cause, but I *have*
> seen this (a bad .pyc file that had to be
> deleted before the module would import). The .pyc
> was woefully short but passed the magic
> test. I think this was 2.1, maybe 2.0.

Someone on comp.lang.python reported getting corrupt .pycs by having
modules in a user-writeable directory being accessed more-or-less
simultaneously by different Python versions.  I'm not sure what could
be done aobut that.

Cheers,
M.

--
  First of all, email me your AOL password as a security measure. You
  may find that won't be able to connect to the 'net for a while. This