[Python-Dev] "max recursion limit exceeded" canned response?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:00:22 -0500

    >> How would we go about adding a canned response to the commonly
    >> submitted "max recursion limit exceeded" bug report?

    Martin> Post the precise text that you want to see as the canned
    Martin> response, and somebody can install it.

How about:

    The max recursion limit problem in the re module is well-known.  Until
    this limitation in the implementation is removed, to work around it
    check

        http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-re.html
        http://python/org/sf/493252

Note that the examples in the CVS version of the re module do contain some
tips for working around the problem, however they haven't yet percolated to
the main doc set.

Skip