[Python-Dev] Where to put wrap_text()?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:20:11 -0400

On 01 June 2002, Tim Peters said:
> [Greg Ward, on wrapping text]
>
> Note that regrtest.py also has a wrapper:
>
> def printlist(x, width=70, indent=4):
>     """Print the elements of a sequence to stdout.
>
>     Optional arg width (default 70) is the maximum line length.
>     Optional arg indent (default 4) is the number of blanks with which to
>     begin each line.
>     """

I think this one will probably stand; I've gotten to the point with my
text-wrapping code where I'm reimplementing the various other
text-wrappers people have mentioned on top of it, and
regrtest.printlist() is just not a good fit.  It's for printing
lists compactly, not for filling text.  Whatever.

> Just make sure it handle the union of all possible desires, but has a simple
> and intuitive interface <wink>.

Right.  Gotcha.  Code coming up soon.

        Greg
--