[Python-Dev] Please give this patch for building bsddb a try

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:48:52 +0400

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:00:24PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:
>
> > This would require source code changes to keep global symbols (at
> > least the module init functions) from clashing.
>
> It actually only requires different init functions. To support that
> with distutils, you need to tell distutils to generate different
> object files from the same source file, which is probably not
> supported out of the box.

   I know. Once I thought about sed/awk magic to generate two different
modules from one template.

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru