[Python-Dev] change to compiler implementations

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:55:13 -0400

> I just checked in two sets of changes to distutils.  I refactored in
> the implementation of compile() methods and I added some simple
> dependency tracking.  I've only been able to test the changes on Unix,
> and expect Guido will soon test it with MSVC.  I'd appreciate it if
> people with other affected compilers (Borland, Cygwin, EMX) could test
> it.

Um, I don't use setup.py with MSVC on Windows.  The MSVC project, for
better or for worse, has entries to build all the extensions we need,
and I don't have any 3rd party extensions I'd like to build.