[Python-Dev] addressing distutils inability to track file dependencies

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:11:36 +0200

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     holger> isn't it funny that 'scons' as a *build system* doesn't rely on
>     holger> anything but python? I've heard rumors they even check
>     holger> dependencies<wink>...
>
> Scons would be fine by me.  It doesn't rely on a C compiler, but if you want
> to build something that needs to be compiled I suspect you'd need one.

i didn't mean to include or require scons for distutils.  I was just
making the obvious point that for the dependency task at hand
python should be powerful enough.  Reusing some code from scons might
be worthwile, though.

why-use-a-car-when-you-can-beam-ly y'rs, holger