[Python-Dev] addressing distutils inability to track file dependencies

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:48:29 +0200

Guido wrote:
> Instead of bothering with the (mostly) harmless but also mostly
> unhelpful manuals, try the --help feature.  E.g. this has the info you
> want:

I think I got sidetracked by the --help-commands summary, which
sort of implies that build_ext is just a subvariant of build...

(maybe we could add a --help-commands-long option that lists
both the command names and their descriptions?  my brain clearly
couldn't execute [--help x for x in commands] without adding an
arbitrary if-clause, but I'm sure distutils can do that...)

</F>