[Python-Dev] Python strptime

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:49:05 -0700 (PDT)

> What kind of information are you looking for exactly? I'm not sure if
> this is available in every paltform (it's standarized only by the
> "Single UNIX Specification" acording to my man page), but depending on
> this issue, everything you're looking for is there:

> You could also try loading a translation catalog in the target system,
> but that could be unportable as well.

That is the type of info I am looking for, but it is not portable.
Windows does not have this functionality to my knowledge.  If it did it is
stupid that it does not have strptime built-in.  ANSI C, unfortunately,
does not provide a way to get this info directly.  This is why I have to
get it from strftime.

-Brett C.