[Python-Dev] Python strptime

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Well, since locale info is not directly accessible for time-specific
> > things in Python (let alone in C in a standard way), I have to do
> > multiple calls to strftime to get the names of the weekdays.
>
> I guess so -- the calendar module does the same (and then makes them
> available).

Perhaps this info is important enough to not be in time but in locale?
I could rework my code that figures out the date info to fit more into
locale.  Maybe have some constants (like A_WEEKDAY, F_WEEKDAY, etc.) that
could be passed to a function that would return a list of the requested
names?  Or could stay with the way I currently have it and just have a
class that stores all of that info and has named attributes to return the
info?

-Brett C.