[Python-Dev] Please give this patch for building bsddb a try

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:38:36 -0400

    OB>    Can I have two different modules simultaneously? For
    OB> example, a module linked with db.1.85 plus a module linked
    OB> with db3.

I still think we may want to pull PyBSDDB into the standard distro, as
a way to provide BDB api's > 1.85.  The question is, what would this
new module be called?  I dislike "bsddb3" -- which I think PyBSDDB
itself uses -- because it links against BDB 4.0.

OTOH, PyBSDDB seems to be quite solid, so I think it's mature enough
to migrate into the Python distro.  I'm cc'ing pybsddb-users for
feedback.

-Barry