[Python-Dev] PEP 292, Simpler String Substitutions

Damien Morton damien.morton@acm.org
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:14:13 -0400

LOL. Youre right of course :)

`...` is already in python though.

Better to generalise and/or extend an already existing construct than to
add a new one, I would assert.

Youre also right about `...` being less visible than other pairs of
delimiters.

I think, though, that if modifying the % notation, that the requirement
should be for delimiters that are not parentheses, and ones that
wouldn't interfere with putting expressions between them. This would
allow for eval()ing the content between the delimiters.