[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 292, Simpler String Substitutions

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:33:15 -0500

[Guido van Rossum]

> > I'm not a fan of curly braces and I'll be sad to see more of them in
> > Python.
>
> This seems more emotional than anything else.

Definitely. And habit. Since I program mostly in Python I'm used to {}
meaning dictionary and I'm used to typing parens everywhere else. Others who
are used to ${} for string substitution in other contexts will be happy that
you copied that syntax. I'm just trying to see if there is anything more
substantial involved. Sounds like there isn't. And that's fine. I'll adapt.
:-)

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech