[Python-Dev] *Simpler* string substitutions

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:32:44 -0300

> That's true. I didn't mean to endorse any particular solution but rather
> to clarify the problem. I believe that only one of your examples
> required a feature (runtime provision of the format string) that was not
> in Ping's PEP. If another PEP is a better solution to the problem than
> the current one then fine. My point is that there *is* a problem!

Agreed. I feel relieved to know that the problem is in a PEP, and
that there's a lot of smart people discussing its implementation.
Don't worry, it won't get into Python before there's a minimum
consensus on the solution. Of course, issuing your opinion is
important to define the minimum consensus. ;-)

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]