[Python-Dev] strptime recapped

Steven Lott s_lott@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 05:27:22 -0700 (PDT)

time2 might be a good place to include the nifty
Reingold-Dershowitz "rata die" date numbering; it can be
converted back and forth a vast number of widely used calendars:
Julian, Gregorian, Hebrew, old and new Hindu, Chinese (given
enough floating-point accuracy), Astronomical Julian, and
several others.

Generally, "Julian" dates are really just the day number within
a given year; this is a simple special case of the more general
(and more useful) approach that R-D use.

See
http://emr.cs.iit.edu/home/reingold/calendar-book/index.shtml

for more information.

=====
--
S. Lott, CCP :-{)
S_LOTT@YAHOO.COM

Macintosh user: drinking upstream from the herd.