[Python-Dev] Indexing builtin sequences with objects which supply __int__

Scott Gilbert xscottg@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:05:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- Todd Miller:
> Right now, numarray is a subclass of object for Python-2.2 in order to
> get properties in order to emulate some of Numeric's attributes. I'm
> wondering what I'd loose from object in order to pick up int's indexing.

Since int is also a subclass of object, you'd still get the benefits of new
style classes...

>  I'm also wondering how to make a rank-0 Float array fail as an index.

Raise a TypeError and it would match the standard behavior.