[Python-Dev] Re: replacing bsddb with pybsddb's bsddb3 module

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
24 Jun 2002 00:19:50 +0200

"Gregory P. Smith" <greg@electricrain.com> writes:

> Sound correct?

Yes, please go ahead.

> How do we want future bsddb module development to proceed?  I envision
> it either taking place 100% under the python project, or taking place
> as it is now in the pybsddb project with patches being fed to the python
> project as desired?  Any preferences?  [i prefer to not maintain the
> code in two places myself (ie: do it all under the python project)]

It's your choice. If people want to maintain pybsddb3 for older Python
releases, it would be necessary to synchronize the two code bases
regularly. That would be the task of whoever is interested in
providing older Python releases with newer code. From the viewpoint
of the Python distribution, this support is not interesting.

Regards,
Martin