[Python-Dev] New subscriber

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:07:19 -0300

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:53:15AM -0400, python-dev-request@python.org wrote:
> If you are a new subscriber, please take the time to introduce yourself
> briefly in your first post.

Hmm, ok.

My name is Fernando Martins, known as Lalo. I'm currently 27 and I live in
Brazil. I've been a Python advocate since Bruce Perens introduced me to it
in, what, '96.

I've been working professionally with Zope - ranging from site building to
training, from infrastructure hacking to consulting - since mid-99, when I
selected it from a range of options due to the fact that it was in Python.

In the course of zope training and consulting, I take every opportunity to
give python courses and talks.

I never subscribed to python-dev before because I was very involved in the
Zope community and preferred to keep my mind out of lower-level stuff, but
now I find there are lots of interesting things going on and I'd prefer to
be a part of it. ;-)

(Also, Zope is very cool but the web marketing can get tiresome - if I can
find a way, I'm planning to retire from it at least in part and spend more
time doing plain Python.)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Eu jogo RPG! (I play RPG)         http://www.eujogorpg.com.br/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/