[Python-Dev] Please give this patch for building bsddb a try

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:31:50 -0400

    BAW> I'm still having build trouble on my RH6.1 system, but maybe
    BAW> it's just too old to worry about (I /really/ need to upgrade
    BAW> one of these days ;).

    [errors snipped]

    SM> I think you might have to define another CPP macro.  In my
    SM> post from last night about building dbmmodule.c I included

    |                                  define_macros=[('HAVE_BERKDB_H',None),
    |                                                 ('DB_DBM_HSEARCH',None)],

    SM> in the Extension constructor.  Maybe DB_DBM_HSEARCH is also
    SM> needed for older bsddb?  I have no trouble building though.

It must be an issue with this ancient RH6.1 system.  It builds fine on
Mandrake 8.1, and the time to dig into this would probably be better
spent upgrading to a more modern Linux distro.

But thanks,
-Barry