[pybsddb] Re: [Python-Dev] Please give this patch for building bsddb a try

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:34:15 -0400

    Greg> should we keep the existing bsddb around as oldbsddb for
    Greg> users in that situation?

    Martin> I don't think so; users could always extract the module
    Martin> from older distributions if they want to.

    SM> I would prefer the old version be moved to lib-old (or
    SM> Modules-old?).  For people still running DB 2.x it shouldn't
    SM> be a major headache to retrieve.

Modules/old/ probably.  We wouldn't do anything with that directory
except use it as a placeholder for old extension source, right?

Do we care about preserving the cvs history for the current
bsddbmodule.c?  If so, we'll have to ask SF to do a cvs dance for us.
It may not be worth it.

-Barry