[Python-Dev] list.extend

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:02:39 -0400

    TP> There are no exceptions to Guido's channeled rules <wink>:

    TP>     no *advertised* experimental feature has ever gone away

    TP> and the access stmt was never documented ("advertised").  The
    TP> closest it got was its NEWS entry for 0.9.9:

python-mode.el gained knowledge of it in 1996:

revision 2.81
date: 1996/09/04 15:21:55;  author: bwarsaw;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -4
(python-font-lock-keywords): with Python 1.4 `access' is no a keyword

Which is just before Python 1.4 final.  I've no idea when it went
away.

    >> Many of the Python 2.2 features are also labeled experimental.
    >> And I don't expect that they will go away either.

    TP> Well, at least not the ones we've told people about.  Barry's
    TP> hack to make

    TP>     print << file, '%d' % i

    TP> read an int i from file may well go away.

It will last week.  Freakin' time machine erased all evidence
tomorrow.

-Barry