[Python-Dev] PEP 273 - Import from Zip Archives

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
01 Mar 2002 09:24:49 +0000

"Gordon McMillan" <gmcm@hypernet.com> writes:

> In the context of python-dev, iu is, I think, useful
> because it (a) emulates nearly exactly Python's
> import rules and (b) it does so in a nicely OO
> framework with some interesting facilities. In
> other words, as a model of what some future
> revamp of c import might be.

Would it be possible to rewrite the import.c code as a new-style
claass/type and then allow inheriting from it in Python?  This might
allow you to slightly overcome the "having to do it all" problem.

Or maybe I'm just being silly.

Cheers,
M.

--
  The Oxford Bottled Beer Database heartily disapproves of the
  excessive consumption of alcohol.  No, really.