[Python-Dev] datetime +/- scalars (int, long, float)?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:30:37 -0500

> Am I misunderstanding something, or is your "naive time" simply local
> time without the knowledge of DST or time zone ?

Exactly.

> If so, you have an
> excellent solution that works 99.97% of the time.  Unfortunately, once
> you have removed the one bit of DST information, it's not always possible
> to get it back, without knowing _which_ 2:30 Sunday morning...

Exactly.  And I don't care.  In fact, I would go further, and claim
that not caring about this is the whole point.  If you had cared about
this, you would have saved UTC timestamps.