[Python-Dev] Moving bugs and patches through the pipeline more quickly

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
07 Mar 2002 08:03:32 +0100

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> As an "official" developer, I would find it useful to get a summary mailing
> weekly of stuff that's assigned to me.  I have no particular other reason to
> login to SF.

As an *official* developer, I'd hope you glance, from time to time,
over the list of unassigned bugs and see which of those you would like
to work on. Either start from the list of oldest bugs/patches, reading
them all, or start from the most recent ones. If you find a bug that
is already a couple of weeks old and has gotten no feedback, even the
slightest feedback (like: this probably won't get fixed because
changing it would break too many other things) may help the submitter.

Regards,
Martin