[Python-Dev] Moving bugs and patches through the pipeline more quickly

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:10:48 -0500

> I think a "new bugs&patches this week" email wouldn't hurt.  Perhaps
> just "new patches", actually -- as Martin pointed out, these are
> probably more important.  Plus there are less of them, which is no bad
> thing.

Ah, the "new this week" makes this interesting and different from what
we have.  I would definitely like to see both new bugs & patches.

I can imagine some more features:

- resolved items this week (good for morale, assuming it's a number > 0)

- active items (items that had at least one comment added or other
  status change)

- comatose items (items with exceptionally long inactivity)

- unassigned items

- new unassigned items with no comments added (those are the ones that
  need triage most dearly)