[Python-Dev] Moving bugs and patches through the pipeline more quickly

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
07 Mar 2002 16:15:23 +0000

barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

>     MH> I think a "new bugs&patches this week" email wouldn't hurt.
>     MH> Perhaps just "new patches", actually -- as Martin pointed out,
>     MH> these are probably more important.  Plus there are less of
>     MH> them, which is no bad thing.
>
> Somewhat related: I have on my plate to once again attempt an
> automated way of sucking down backups of the SF tracker data.
> Jeremy's script screen scraped all the html pages, IIRC, and then
> threw them into a db, from which is nag scripts were driven.  All the
> backend stuff should still work even with a better front-end data
> sucker, and I propose that he check his stuff into nondist somewhere
> so the lot of us can tweak and tune it.

This seems like A Plan.

Cheers,
M.
PS:  Some fiddling means one can now visit
  http://python.net/crew/mwh/py/bug/<num>
or
  http://python.net/crew/mwh/py/patch/<num>
and get redirected to the appropriate place on sf.  The long & hard to
type urls were getting on my nerves.

--
  Hmmm... its Sunday afternoon: I could do my work, or I could do a
  Fourier analysis of my computer's fan noise.