[Python-Dev] Moving bugs and patches through the pipeline more quickly

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:29:08 -0800 (PST)

Trent Mick wrote:

> Perhaps many just don't know how to "join the club". If I had not been
> working with David and Mark I would not have picked up on the development
> system very easily.
>
> I don't read any of the intro documentation so that may have improved in the
> past couple of years but an indication that it has not is that:
>     (1) The "for developers" section on http://www.python.org/ is kind of
>         buried and weeny (and outdated: "including the Python 2.1 release
>         schedule"); and
>     (2) Andrew's "Becoming a Python Developer" is hard to find:
>         http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/python-dev.html

Yes, I know.  One of the items on my ToDo list is to make this somewhat
more accessible.  If someone else gets to this before me, I won't
complain, of course.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.