[Python-Dev] Moving bugs and patches through the pipeline more quickly

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:18:50 -0600

    Jonathan> There is a patch that has been unlooked at. It was discussed
    Jonathan> on c.l.py., some people decided it was a bug, and I was told
    Jonathan> to make a patch and put it on SF. I did. It has been almost
    Jonathan> two months now, and there has been no response.

In composing my email to c.l.py today asking for new developers I did a
quick browse of both the bugs and patches on SF.  There are, as I recall,
around 300 open bugs and 150 patches.  About have the bugs and two-thirds of
the patches are not assigned.  I didn't look at the submission dates, but
I'll wager there are more than a few that are more than two months old.

Hence the need for more "processing power".

Skip