[Python-Dev] Two developer candidates

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:23:20 -0500

[Tim]
> I'd go for it, *provided* we aren't shy about revoking dev status
> when it doesn't work out.  Revoke first, argue later <0.5 wink>.

[Skip Montanaro]
> I hope we don't have to get that harsh.

Locking out someone who's screwing up isn't harsh, it's healthy
self-preservation.  Don't be so fucking nice <wink>.

> I wonder more about the people who are already listed as developers
> but never exercise their privilege.

So long as they don't get in the way, I don't mind.  It's *silly* to keep
inactive developers on the list, but until someone hacks the code base from
an account they've forgotten they had, I don't think it's doing any real
harm.