[Python-Dev] PEP 286: Please comment

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:38:57 +0100

On dinsdag, maart 12, 2002, at 10:09 , Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> I put PEP 286, "Enhanced Argument Tuples", on
>
> http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0286.html

I'm +1 on the idea (of course:-), but there's a couple of things
I miss in the PEP:
- I assume 'failobjects' are deallocated on failure, not success, yes?
- I miss a rationale (some use cases would be nice)
- it's nowhere explained how the ...Memory() calls would be implemented.
- Would the interpreter mainloop always create argument tuples
where it now uses normal tuples? Is this a method flag? What's
the cost of conversion (or of using ArgumentTuples in stead of
tuples in general)? Issues with apply()?
- What would happen to calls that still use normal tuples?
There's a lot of callback code out there...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -