[Python-Dev] Slash and burn in Tools/scripts. Objections?

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:44:58 -0800

I would like to be able to comfortably add Python's Tools/scripts directory
to my PATH because there are some useful things in there. However there is
also some crap in there. Would anyone object to my making some changes to
this directory? Things I have in mind:

    - move obseleted scripts to, say, Tools/scripts-old or Tools/scripts/old
    - improve the command line interface of some of the scripts to, for
      example, have -h|--help options
    - perhaps improve the internal documentation in some of them
    - trash which.py and provide a better one that actually works on Windows

I just want to see if this would be controversial before I start making
patches.

Cheers,
Trent

--