[Python-Dev] Next version of PEP278 - universal newline support - available

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:01:27 +0100

Folks,
the next version of PEP278, universal newline support, and the
accompanying patch are available for your review and testing.

The patch has changed very little:
- open(filename, 'U') is now the way to open files for universal
newline reading because 't' may have a use on Windows;
- --with-universal-newlines is now the default configure option.

The PEP has changed a bit more, mainly addressing issues brought
up by Guido and Greg Ward.

Please read, test and comment,
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -