[Python-Dev] Slash and burn in Tools/scripts. Objections?

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:04:29 -0800

[Trent]
>     - move obseleted scripts to, say, Tools/scripts-old or Tools/scripts/old

[Guido]
> Which ones?

[Martin]
> I think obsolete scripts should be removed from the CVS, or moved to
> non-dist.

[Skip]
> Depends on why they are obsolete.  I would vote too move any that are still
> useful as demos to the Demo directory.

Okay, so deciding on what to do with these scripts will be a case-by-case
thing. I'll be more specific when I actually get around to doing it.

> >     - trash which.py and provide a better one that actually works on Windows
>
> As long as it still works on Unix; I quite like what it does there.
> Maybe the Windows one should be a different script?  I imagine it
> would be entirely different, right?

I think it makes sense for it to be the same script. The functionality is
the same even if the implementation differs some. I have a which()
implementation that we have been using for Komodo, i.e. fairly well tested
and works on Windows and Linux. Again, no point discussing until I provide
more details.

Trent

--
Trent Mick