[Python-Dev] Re: PyChecker 2 (changed subject)

Samuele Pedroni pedroni@inf.ethz.ch
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:03:56 +0100

From: Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>
> > pychecker2 is a complete rewrite using the stdlib compiler
> > package.  There are only about 10 warnings generated so far.
> > One of the goals is to support Jython.  Although,
> > we have only used CPython so far.
>
> Hm, but doesn't the compiler package use the parser module?  Does
> Jython support the parser module?  I'd be very surprised, since it
> uses different parsing technology...

No, jython does not support the parser module, but while
supporting its concrete trees would have been a very painful
operation, we can use our parsing technology to make
the compiler package parsing part working also
under Jython, that is at least *my* plan,

then IMHO CPython parser module should be slowly deprecated
for users and used only internally by the compiler package.

regards.