[Python-Dev] Weekly Python Bug/Patch Summary

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:34:53 -0600

    Guido> Some of the "new" bugs aren't new.  In fact, most aren't.  Sample
    Guido> (but not the only one):

    Guido> Float/long comparison anomaly
    Guido>              http://python.net/crew/mwh/py/bug/513866

    Guido> was submitted on 2002-02-06.

    Guido> In fact, it looks like these are a random selection of bugs and
    Guido> patches. :-(

Okay, I found the problem.  Repeat after me:

    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
    regular expressions".  Now they have two problems. - Jamie Zawinsky

My regular expression did not take into account that <b> was only applied to
old dates.

The St. Patrick's Day mailing will include a bunch of "new" bugs that still
aren't really new (they will be new to my local database though).  Still,
I'm going to let it slide so everyone gets an ego boost from all the bugs
and patches that have been closed this week (I count over thirty so far).  I
added the date of the bug/patch submission in parens after the summary, and
the output is ordered by id, so the truly new stuff should be easy to
spot. The new bugs/patches sections should be correct the Sunday after that.

I'm also going to use the full SF url for the links even though they are
long and may potential get wrapped by broken mailers.  Something about
Michael Hudson's redirector loses or blocks chit-chat between my browser and
SF, so whenever I clicked one of those URLs I'd get a "Not Logged In"
version of the page of interest even though I was logged in.

Skip