[Python-Dev] pymalloc on Windows

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
19 Mar 2002 07:50:39 +0100

Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net> writes:

> [Martin v. Loewis]
> > Or, more interestingly, Neil's patch taking away the PyCore* API
> > altogether. If we take his approach, the list of symbols-to-export
> > needs to be written from scratch.
>
> What list of symbols-to-export?  That is, are you talking about some
> specific file under CVS, and if so which one(s)?

No, I was talking about the list (or set, if you wish) of symbols
exported from pythonxy.dll (on OS/2, there actually is a list,
PC/os2vcapp/python.def). Mark was asking whether some _PyCore* symbol
should have been exported, which would go away under Neil's patch. In
turn, additional symbols might need to get exported; I'm not sure
whether the necessary incantation is also in Neil's patch - if that is
in, each of its symbols need to be reconsidered for export.

Regards,
Martin