[Python-Dev] pymalloc API - is 1.5.2 compatibility a possible explanation?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:27:08 -0600

    Michael> I thought we'd already worked this much out...

    Skip> We might have, but clearly there are a lot of extension module
    Skip> writers who haven't. ;-)

    Fredrik> yeah, blame it on the extension writers.  we should have known
    Fredrik> that we couldn't trust the documentation and the code samples
    Fredrik> shipped with Python...

I wasn't blaming anything on the extension writers.  As an example,
mysql-python is actively maintained and enhanced, but still uses the 1.5.2
API.  I don't blame Andy for not having discovered and reacted to this API
change.  I was merely commenting that there are a lot of extensions that for
whatever reason don't play by the current rules.  That the rules changed in
subtle ways since 1.5.2 is not the extension writers' fault.

Skip