[Python-Dev] pymalloc API - is 1.5.2 compatibility a possible explanation?

Neil Schemenauer nas@python.ca
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:59:54 -0800

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Neil S. reported on a number of 3rd party extension modules that don't do
> object alloc/free properly.  I reported a bug to the mysql-python project,
> which uses PyObject_NEW and PyMem_Free.  Andy Dustman's reply, in part, was:
>
>     1.5.2 apparently does not have PyObject_New() or PyObject_Del(), thus
>     the problem...

I don't consider extension modules that use PyObject_NEW and PyMem_DEL
broken.  The used to be the recommended way of doing it.  We can't
change that until at least Python 3.0.

  Neil