[Python-Dev] 2.2.1c1 platform reports.

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
22 Mar 2002 14:23:21 +0000

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> > I crunched through the various platform experiences I'd heard for
> > 2.2.1c1, and came up with the following.
>
> Wow, excellent reports, Michael!

Thanks.  I had to write something like this, as I was getting confused
by all the reports, e.g. thinking I'd had a report of it working on
HP-UX 11.00 when in fact I'd had no such thing (I have got one now,
though).

> I wonder if something like this shouldn't be on the website somehow
> (preferably as a table for all releases :-)!

Perhaps.  For the moment, I like having it within emacs-range.

> Would save a lot of time answering questions about
> portability probably.

It certainly might help, especially if we can get people to help keep
it up to date.

Cheers,
M.

PS: 4-processor alphas compile Python quite quickly :)

--
112. Computer Science is embarrassed by the computer.