[Python-Dev] POSIX thread code and Cygwin

Gerald S. Williams gsw@agere.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:42:16 -0500

I submitted another patch to the POSIX threads code.
It is under SourceForge as patch number 533681.

This tells Python to explicitly use the POSIX semaphore
code for Cygwin. I had inadvertently left a remnant in
my version of thread.c that forced _POSIX_SEMAPHORES to
be defined for Cygwin.

It turns out _POSIX_SEMAPHORES is only set if __rtems__
is defined. At the time I didn't know what that meant
but thought it must have been defined since I got the
correct code.

If you'd prefer, I could provide a patch to thread.c
instead.

Sorry about that. I really meant to wrap it all up in
the first patch.

-Jerry

-O Gerald S. Williams, 22Y-103GA : mailto:gsw@agere.com O-
-O AGERE SYSTEMS, 555 UNION BLVD : office:610-712-8661  O-
-O ALLENTOWN, PA, USA 18109-3286 : mobile:908-672-7592  O-