[Python-Dev] 2.2.1c1 platform reports.

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:31:52 +0100

On vrijdag, maart 22, 2002, at 12:44 , Michael Hudson wrote:
> Hardware: Mac
> OS: MacOS 8.1
>
> Doesn't work at all apparently :( A linking problem.  I hope Jack can
> sort this out -- certainly noone else can.
>
> Oh, apparently it's fixed, but it doesn't work on 8.5, or something...

This is the classic problem of trying to go forward (OSX 10.1)
and backward (OS 8.1) at the same time. I'm pretty sure I can
fix it.

> OS: MacOS 9
>
> I doubt Jack would have let me release c1 if this hadn't worked :)

MacOS 9 has the sqrt(-1) problem as well. Never noticed it
because the standard test suite doesn't run this test,
apparently.

> OS: MacOSX
>
> Has the same test_math problem as FreeBSD/x86 (which is perhaps not so
> surprising).
>
> Everything else is fine, except on sf's compile farm machine, which
> seems to be fubarred anyway.

I saw reports of test_pwd failing on other architectures in the
sf compile farm too. Maybe something funny in their setup?

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -