[Python-Dev] Activating pymalloc

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:46:16 -0500

[Guido]
> Except I have consciously blocked out this entire discussion.  If Tim
> agrees that I should pronounce, he & I should talk this over some time
> tomorrow when we're in the same office.

I won't be in the office tomorrow.

The need here is to settle on details anyway.  First is divining or deciding
what the intended rules actually are.  Two possibilities are spelled out in
exhaustive tables, posted in yesterday's:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-March/021694.html

Pick one, or invent another table.

After you settle on a specific set of rules, *possibilities* for deprecation
will become obvious based on the lumpiness of the categories in the table.
That's a different discussion.  The rules have to be understood first.