[Python-Dev] Mandrake 8.2 anyone?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:13:51 -0500

    Fred> Barry A. Warsaw writes:
    >> Not if you still want your audio to work, eh?

    Fred> That was not a stated requirement.  I developed my solution
    Fred> to solve two problems:

    Fred>     - linuxaudiodev didn't work for me, but made noise.
    Fred> This seemed to be specific to the sound driver for my
    Fred> laptop.

I actually have no idea if linuxaudiodev will work for me on this
machine.  It works just fine on my laptop running MD8.1, if you call
Guido's screetchy Michael Palin impression "working" <wink>.

    Fred>     - The audio device made noise.  Any application which
    Fred> caused this to happen is clearly buggy, so it had to be
    Fred> disabled.

Near as I can tell, my audio device works just fine, it's Python's
linuxaudiodev test under MD8.2 that's broken.

    Fred> (Obviously I didn't have enough Cravin' Dogs MP3s. ;)

Or too much! :)

napster-us-all-you-want-baby!-ly y'rs,
-Barry