[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 279

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:39:10 -0500

> Executive Summary:
> 1.  iterindexed(collection)  -->  accepted

Except I want to think more about the name.

> 2.  gen comprehensions  -->  rejected

Good.

> 3.  gen exception passing  -->  deferred, needs case building

OK (or you could give up now while you're ahead :-).

> 4.  gen parameter passing   -->  deferred, needs alternatives explored

That one was already taken out of the PEP.  I think that #3 probably
fits better in the new PEP you were gonna write for #4.  But to be
honest, I don't encourage you to write it -- I expect I'm gonna reject
both in the end.  But I can't stop you. :-)