[Python-Dev] RE: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:25:24 -0500

> What is the likelihood that __nonzero__ could be renamed (at some
> point in the future) to something a bit more intuitive, like
> __bool__? I know there would be a lot of user code to change, but
> assuming one day the hammer will drop and everyone's __nonzero__
> will have to change to return a bool, I wouldn't mind seeing the
> method renamed as well.  Or is this a lost cause at this point?

I think it's a lost cause.  It's one of those minor details that might
be considered wrong with 20/20 hindsight, but not wrong enough to want
to bother fixing it, given the cost (to the user community) of the
fix.