[Python-Dev] Re: [bug?] UserLong.py - pow(5, UserLong(3), 26) fails

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
01 May 2002 19:56:15 +0100

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> writes:

> michael,
>
> the point of doing a UserLong.py is that it is an easy way
> to add in profiling and debug info and to evaluate alternative
> implementations of Long numbers.
>
> the ultimate aim is to find out if it is worth adding in
> support for Aspex Technology's massively parallel signal
> processor chip as a python co-processor.

I see.

Another idea: make UserLong a "new-style class".  I'm not sure what
this changes, but it changes "stuff" in this area...

Cheers,
M.

--
  C is not clean -- the language has _many_ gotchas and traps, and
  although its semantics are _simple_ in some sense, it is not any