[Python-Dev] Problems with Python's default dlopen flags

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 19:02:58 -0400

On 5 May 2002 at 16:01, David Abrahams wrote:

> From: "Gordon McMillan" <gmcm@hypernet.com>
>
> > There is some strangeness to exceptions, Linux, gcc
> > and linking. In scxx (my minimalist C++ / Python
> > interface), there's no separate .so involved - the
> > scxx code is compiled in with the extension. There
> > are no statics involved, so C linkage works (you
> > don't need a relinked Python). At a certain gcc
> > release, exceptions thrown and caught at the top
> > level
>
> What does "at the top level" mean?

The function is an entry point. I think eric diagnosed
it as simply throw / catch at the same level. Throwing
in a called function & catching in the caller worked
fine for both of us.

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/