[Python-Dev] Re: Python insecure?

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:32:01 -0400

On Wed, May 08, 2002, Charles Cazabon wrote:

> As for "fanatic", that's just slander.  Some idiot posted a troll to
> the qmail list claiming Python was unreliable and insecure.  A couple
> of people corrected him.  Someone then posted his message to this
> list.

"Slander" is as much hyperbole as my original use of "fanatic".  My
impression is that DJB generates more emotion and choler than RMS,
particularly relative to his contributions.  I don't really care, though;
I'm not involved in those debates.  I do have my own personal reason to
dislike DJB that colors my responses to such debates, but I mostly
consider myself a neutral party.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

See me at OSCON!  I'm teaching Python for [Perl] Programmers, a fast intro
for all experienced programmers (not just Perl).  Early bird ends June 10.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2002/