[Python-Dev] Lazily GC tracking tuples

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 08 May 2002 22:47:17 -0400

[Tim]
> Do you really mean after a gen1 collection?

[Neil]
> Yes.  By that time the tuple was probably around for a while.  Also, the
> chances that it will be mutated will be smaller.

I won't bother arguing <wink>, but then why not at the start of a gen1
collection?  Nothing that transpires within a gen1 collection is going to
change a given tuple's trackable-vs-untrackable nature, and if untrackable
tuples are indeed much more likely, there seems nothing to gain (but
something to lose) by making gen1 scan untrackable tuples multiple times.