[Python-Dev] Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 11:29:44 -0700

> I find this testcase somewhat persuasive, as the offending dlopen call is
> not in the C++ code.  What do others think?

I agree with your other statement: RTLD_LOCAL and C++ don't really make
sense.

I think we're running down a slippery slope; once EH works, people
*will* wonder why things involving inlines and templates don't.

If, for example, you have *two* Python modules in C++, each of which
uses a nice package for managing global resources, and you can load
either module just fine, but loading both causes subtle runtime
problems, ...

We will have given people a bigger bazooka, but it will be aimed at
their own feet.