[Python-Dev] New bugtracker project

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:36:09 -0400

[Michael]
> If I may so bold, I suggest the distutils could use some (paid) tender
> loving care, too...

I know of a lot of other areas (my pet peeve: IDLEFORK).  However, the
scope of the current proposal needs to be limited to something that
can be sold to the PBF as something that will significantly improve
the quality of "conservative" releases (Python-in-a-tie, business
release, name it what you want).  Are there are specific platforms
where distutils doesn't do the right thing?  One of the PBF goals is
also to have binary "sumo" distributions for many platforms
(especially the platforms that commercial users love like Solaris, AIX
and HP-UX).